Friday, August 27, 2004

Pleasanton to Lockeford


Pleasanton_to_Lockeford_smallest, originally uploaded by alec_p.

Day 1

Pleasanton to Lockeford

Distance: 74.07 miles
Total Time (wheels spinning): 5:26:03
Average Speed (wheels spinning): 13.63 mph
Start Time: 8:22
Finish Time: 15:13
Total Time (w/ breaks): 6:51
Average Speed (w/ breaks): 10.81 mph
Maximum Speed: 39.9 mph
Maximum Temperature: 90 F
Total Trip Distance: 107.75 miles

The day went well except for some chafing issues. Patterson Pass is a pretty cool ride. Steep up, fast down, amongst the windmills. It was really hot by the time I got to Lockeford. Richard and Lani Eklund, the proprietors of the Locke House (http://www.theinnatlockehouse.com/), a B&B that was the original building in Lockeford, had Lemonade ready for me, and I downed a whole pitcher. Richard is a aircraft homebuilder so I spent some time talking to him about homebuilding and flying

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home